Welcome to the Literacy Co-Coordinator Web Page
In our work as Literacy Co-Coordinators, we strive to . . .
- Provide teachers with the opportunity to take advantage of differentiated staff development opportunities aligned with the vision and literacy goals for Springs School
- Support teachers with unit planning and curriculum development (instruction and assessment) in language arts (reading – writing – word study).
- Offer support to new teachers and those teachers changing grade levels possibly in the form of a summer institute and/or continued staff development to immerse them in the balanced literacy practices that are central to the teaching of reading and writing in Springs School.
- Research current literacy practices and thinking to disseminate amongst colleagues and with the administration.
- Develop and maintain a school webpage devoted to literacy that will provide support for all members of the school community.
- Work along with the administration and staff to develop bottom line expectations for literacy instructional practices to ensure consistency of instruction across grade levels.
- Coordinate cross grade level conversations (articulation meetings) for literacy planning and reflection.
- Share recommendations with the administration through monthly articulation providing feedback and supporting vision of best practices in the school, following work with the staff.
- Play a leadership role in parent education and educating parents in ways to support their children as readers and writers based on current research about best practice (i.e. literacy night).